Friday, February 7, 2014

January Update

I started the month out by tearing down my layout, removing the last cabinet and sink (the room used to be a kitchen) and starting to put up new benchwork.
About that time that space formally occupied by the layout was rezoned residential. I am getting another room, which is actually a little bigger, and in the overall plan requires me to less remodeling around the house. However I don't think I'll be getting that room ready for at least a year.
So I decided to build a small switching layout in my office inspired byWashington Park in Providence, RI. 



I think this will keep me busy until the other room is done.
I'm not sure about the track on the right side of the plan, that might just end up being staging. The bench work for the left side of the layout is pretty much done, then I need to cut some plywood for the subroadbed, and then start laying track.

No comments:

Post a Comment